Experience the original Royal High Tea at Kensington Palace tour. Enjoy traditional sandwiches, cakes & scones on the grounds of the Palace by the Diana Statue. First, we stroll around Kensington Gardens & learn of its long history. Furthermore, we will see the beautiful gardens Albert created for his wife Queen Victoria & take in the spectacular views as we approach the Palace where Prince Harry and William grew up. We will then experience the full splendour of High Tea on the Palace grounds and give you personal insights into the royal family and the fascinating history of Britain’s national drink and the ceremony of afternoon tea.
About British High Tea
High tea is a classically British thing, and there are few places better to enjoy this cultural experience than Kensington Palace, Kensington Gardens, London W8 4PX. With this regal outing, you enjoy high tea as it’s meant to be: savour on sandwiches, taste cakes and scones, and stroll through the palace grounds once you’re done. With your guide, you learn about Hyde Park, see gardens created by Prince Albert, and hear the history of Britain’s favourite beverage.
- Enjoy high tea, snacks, and a tour with this Kensington Palace experience
- Uncover culture as you learn about traditional afternoon tea from your guide
- Get the royal treatment—snacks, tea, and Kensington Gardens stroll included
- Avoid getting lost with a guide to escort you from Queensway Station.
- Duration of the tour – 2 hours approx.
Royal High Tea at Kensington Palace Tour Itinerary
- Meet at Queensway underground station – We will meet you outside the Queensway Underground Station. Please wait outside the station at the entrance (not the exit) next to the red phone box and red post box.
- Kensington Gardens – We stroll through the gardens and your guide will outline the history of Hyde Park from 1066 to the current day. We will see the beautiful gardens Prince Albert created for his wife Queen Victoria and take in the spectacular views as we approach the Palace where Prince Harry and William grew up whilst also discovering the statue of their late mother, Princess Diana, which stands in the mesmerizing sunken garden.
- Italian Gardens – We will discover the site with historical insights further
- Round Pond – During the stroll through Kensington Gardens, learn about its royal history.
- Kensington Palace – Afterward, sit down and enjoy a selection of Sandwiches, cakes, tea, and coffee in Kensington Pavilion opposite Diana’s memorial garden. This tour does not include entry to Kensington Palace.
Duration of the Tour – 2 hours Approx.
What’s Included in the Royal High Tea Tour
Tea at the Pavilion of Kensington Palace – Next to the Palace
Sandwiches, cakes and scones to select from
Fun Knowledgable Guide
Private Transport (Not Included)
Entry to the Kensington Palace (Not Included)
Meeting Point and Pickup
Queensway tube station London, UK Open in Google Maps below:
IMPORTANT: WE ONLY MEET AT THE MEETING POINT Queensway Tube Station – We meet outside of Queensway Underground Station – There is only 1 Entrance (Next to the Chinese Restaurant) – Please wait outside the station (next to the red phone box)
The endpoint of the Tour
This activity ends back at the meeting point.
Other useful notes to keep in mind
- Duration of the Tour – 2 hours approx.
- All Food and Beverage Service includes Service Charge.
- The tour itself does not include any gratuities and is entirely at your discretion.
- Alcohol is not included.
- A drinks menu is available when you visit for a supplementary cost.
- The Palace Tea Room can be closed at short notice. In these rare cases, we arrange for High Tea in a prestigious alternative venue.
- All our experiences are LGBTQ+ friendly
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
Service animals allowed
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for those that find walking difficult
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
Hope you enjoy this magnificent High tea tour. The palace not only looks stunning but the stroll around the garden is magical. It is indeed an experience worth going with a special one or with family. Finally, check out our tours to enjoy exemplary London tours.