Jack the Ripper was an English serial killer. Between August and November 1888, he murdered at least five women—all prostitutes—in or near the Whitechapel district of London’s East End. Jack the Ripper was never identified or arrested. Today the murder sites are the locus of a macabre tourist industry in London. Follow in the footsteps of Jack the Ripper and his unfortunate victims on a walking tour of London’s East End. Visit the sites of his murders and learn about the mysteries and rumours surrounding the unsolved serial crimes.
Jack The Ripper Walking Tour Description
Take a spine-chilling walking tour of London’s historic Whitechapel district, and follow in the footsteps of Jack the Ripper’s terrifying killing spree of the autumn of 1888. The tour explores how a series of terrible murders gripped the East End of London. Explore the historical background of the Whitechapel murders. Examine how public perception of these gruesome but gripping crimes has been shaped, and compare it to the reality of 1888 as you go to the sites menaced by Jack the Ripper. Play detective as you’re given a profile of some of the most likely suspects. Get out your magnifying glass and try to figure out whodunnit!
- Marvel as the streets of Victorian London is brought to life
- Learn the facts and conspiracies surrounding the identity of Jack of the Ripper
- Be terrified by tales of the hideous crimes of Jack the Ripper from your expert guide
About the tour
- Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Duration options: 2 hours Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide: English, German
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
- Live tour guide
- Meet your guide inside the west entrance of Altab Ali Park (Whitechapel Road). It’s opposite the entrance to Aldgate East Tube Station and the Whitechapel Gallery. • Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flag
- Following is the Google Map view of the meeting point
Don’t miss out on this chilling and intriguing walking tour of East London. To check our more tours in London click here.