London Christmas Lights 2014
Christmas and New Year Celebrations in London can always be a treat for all age groups. No matter what if I didn’t got the chance to travel to London this year. But I can assure you there is a lot I miss about London. Specially in winters, whole London gets in festive mood and chill in the air makes no difference whatsoever when out and about shopping and celebrating on Christmas eve and New Years night. One thing you will notice about London when you come as a tourist is, that London from November onwards starts getting decorated. The high streets and tourists places with bright, shiny, sparkling lights all in and around London. Christmas lights give such a warm and festive feel to anyone who sees them. It’s like festivities are on their way, when you see them around in central London’s famous shopping street “The Oxford Street” you feel like that you are in a very nice shopping place with lot of people from around the world. The place is lively and vibrant full of colours. When you are in London, make sure you go to these places which are worth going when Celebrating Christmas and New Year in London 2014.
Best Places to see Christmas Lights in London
1. Bond Street – You can expect the best Christmas lights showdown in Bond Street. Year after Year the lights around the city are simply spectacular and bring cheer to passers buy and shoppers from around the world.
- Bond Street Christmas Lights 2014
2. Covent Garden – Covent Garden is a place which is the cosiest and warmest place in town, great sparkling lights. The piazza, the arcade all light up with lights and this time you will also see a huge Christmas tree with red and white lights. I insist not to stay in hotel when you are in London, because at this time of the year London looks gorgeous in the nights too! There is a special installation of Lego Santa with sleigh where you can go and have a selfie taken :). All in all you got to enjoy the lights, the people and the food of Covent Garden. It’s one place i always go every time i visit London.
Lego Santa at Covent Garden
3. Oxford Street – Oxford Street is the shopping Mecca of Europe. Shopaholics get their fix when they visit London. Your London tour is incomplete of you don’t go to Oxford street for exhibiting some shopping madness. Oxford street is not only famous for its shopping discounts on the high street, but also for the Christmas lights. This year 2014 I must say the lights have been rather simple, but no matter still the street is buzzing with tourists from all around the world. Which makes Oxford Street the must visit place when coming to London. Surely every London tour package consists a day of shopping and to be free to hangout. Make sure this is the place to visit ;).
- Oxford Street Lights 2014
4. Regents Street – Regent Street has been another shopping paradise for tourists and locals. Christmas lights again this winter are spectacular, and they’re really make a perfect sparkle to make the list complete best London Christmas lights of 2014. The whole street gets traffic free, and pedestrians have the access to walk around and shop till they drop. You will exhibit many activities happening in this street as it is a nice Georgian style building street with expensive retail chains having there high street outlets.
- The Regent Street Christmas lights were switched on by the pop group Take That on November 16, 2014.
When you explore these areas of London at the time of Christmas, you are rest assured that you will love these places and come back again and again next year.