Don’t miss out on the ICC Cricket World cup 2019.
The world cup this time is hosted by England and they are rather doing well so far. England fans can rejoice as the host team is into semi-finals. Tourists can plan a match or two to see this most famous sporting event after football. This time there are 10 qualified cricketing nations playing against each other in the world cup. Book your Cricket world cup ticket from “Here”
Where all can you see the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?
The ICC Cricket World Cup is happening in England and Wales this time. Following are the venue where all matches will be played and in the end the final will be played in the legendary Lord Stadium.
- Trent Bridge Nottingham– At the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 it will host five matches, including England v Pakistan. Hosts England have a great record at Trent Bridge, having won both their previous World Cup games at the venue: wins against New Zealand in 1975 and Zimbabwe in 1999.
2. The Riverside Durham – At the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, Durham will host three fixtures, including England v New Zealand and it will be the home for two Sri Lanka games.
3. The Oval – The Oval, London will host five fixtures at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, including the opener between England and South Africa. Set just a stone?s throw from the River Thames, the Oval ? home of Surrey County Cricket Club ? was the scene for the first-ever Test match on English soil between England and Australia in 1880 and has gone on to host over 100 Tests since. It has also played host to a number of big World Cup matches, with ten fixtures taking place at the Oval across the 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999 editions.
4. The Old Trafford Manchester – Old Trafford, home of Lancashire County Cricket Club, will be the busiest venue at the ICC Men?s Cricket World Cup 2019, as it will play host to six games, including a semi-final. It also will be the venue for the most-watched fixture in international cricket when India take on Pakistan. The ground itself is no stranger to World Cup cricket having been used in the 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999 editions of the tournament.
5. Lord’s Cricket Ground London – There are few cricket grounds in the world as iconic as Lord?s. First opened in 1814 and home to international cricket since 1884, Lord?s has hosted 10 ICC Cricket World Cup fixtures, including the finals of the 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999 editions. At the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, the Home of Cricket will host five fixtures, and will once again be the venue for the World Cup Final.
6. Headingley Cricket ground Leads – Headingley will once again play host to some of the world?s best cricketers this summer, having been part of the 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999 editions of the ICC Cricket World Cup. It will host four matches at the ICC Men?s Cricket World Cup 2019, including England v Sri Lanka, and will be where Afghanistan play two of their round-robin fixtures. The Windies will also appear at Headingley, where they claimed a heroic Test win against England in 2017.
7. Hampshire Bowl Southhampton – The Hampshire Bowl will host ICC Cricket World Cup fixtures for the first time in 2019, with five matches taking place at the venue. It won?t be the first time that Hampshire has hosted World Cup cricket though, as fixtures in the 1983 and 1999 editions were played at the old Northlands Road Ground in Southampton. The Hampshire Bowl, home of Hampshire County Cricket Club, was opened in 2001 and sits on the outskirts of Southampton on the south coast of England.
8. Edgbaston Cricket Ground Birmingham – Having been established in 1886, it?s fair to say that Edgbaston ? home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club ? has been the venue for some historic moments, including Brian Lara?s knock of 501*, the highest score by a batsman in first-class cricket. It has been a venue at four previous ICC Cricket World Cups, and was a semi-final location in the 1979, 1983 and 1999 editions. It will host five games at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, including one semi-final and the high-profile meeting of England and India.
9. County Ground Taunton – Three ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 fixtures will be held at the County Ground Taunton, home of Somerset County Cricket Club. Overlooked by the towers of three churches, the County Ground Taunton is one renowned for its character and history. It has been in use since 1882, and staged one game in the 1983 World Cup and two in 1999, including India?s clash with Sri Lanka, where they racked up a huge 373/6.
10. Cardiff Wales Cricket Stadium – The Cardiff Wales Stadium is no stranger to hosting ICC tournaments, having been a venue for the last two editions of the ICC Champions Trophy, as well as the ICC Cricket World Cup in 1999. At the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019, the Cardiff Wales Stadium ? home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club – will host four fixtures, adding to the sole World Cup game played there in 1999.
11. Bristol County Ground – Three matches will be played at the Bristol County Ground during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Those three fixtures will double the number of Men?s World Cup games the ground has held, following one in 1983 and two in 1999. More recently, the Bristol County Ground hosted eight fixtures at the ICC Women?s World Cup 2017, including England?s dramatic semi-final win over South Africa.
You will enjoy watching cricket in all the cricket grounds in England and Wales. Book your ICC World Cup tickets from here. Book ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 ticket here.