Planning your London tour from Beijing? look no further, we have got you covered by detailing all your Beijing to London tour requirements. Book your Beijing to London tour package with us. The best time to visit London is around spring (early march to early June) and autumn (September to November). And in case you want to enjoy Christmas in London then November and December are beautiful times to stay in London. Beijing is the capital city of China. The city is also the political, cultural and international communication centre and scientific and technological innovation centre of the country. Beijing is also the world’s most populous capital city.
Some key Travel Statistics between Beijing and London
- As per the statistics provided by Visit Britain, travellers from Beijing China tend to travel to the UK in the months of July to September more than 58% of traveller from Beijing travels to London for holidays. 13% for business and 13% for meeting up with friends and family. – Visit Britain 2019
- Nearly 65% of Chinese visitors visit London. That shows how loved is London city among Chinese travellers. – Visit Britain 2019
- More than 36% of the travellers from China coming to London are from Beijing. Making it the top city with the highest number of travellers coming to the UK. – Visit Britain 2019
- Chinese Holiday visitors are more likely than other journey purpose groups to spend time in London, with 60% of nights spent in London in 2019. – Visit Britain 2019
Visa for London from Beijing
Before we help you with the Flight and hotel booking. The first step in planning your London tour is having a valid UK visa. All Chinese nationals must have visas to travel to the UK. There are various types of UK visas available for Beijing travellers. To know more about how to apply for a London tourist visa check out our detailed post on applying for London Visa here. Also, You can submit your visa application via the Gov.UK website. Following are the steps that you will need to follow to get your UK visa:
1. Research – Choose the right visa for your trip.
Please visit the UK Visas and Immigration (GOV.UK) website to check what type of visa you should apply for, and the documents that you will need in order to complete this. Each visa type requires different documentation, so check your visa type carefully. If your documents are not in English, you may need to get translations prepared before applying.
2. Apply – Get started with your visa application
Once you are ready to apply, return to the UK Visas and Immigration (GOV.UK) website to apply for your visa.
3. Pay your fees – Find out the amount you need to pay
To complete your application on GOV.UK, you’ll need to pay for your visa, and for the healthcare surcharge, if applicable. Once you’ve paid your fees, you’ll be given a reference number that starts with GWF. Please make a note of this, as it will be helpful should you need to make any amendments to your visa application or appointment.
4. Book your appointment at – Beijing Visa Application Centre
Once you’ve completed and paid for your visa application on GOV.UK, you’ll be directed to the VFS Global website to book an appointment at a Visa Application Centre, so your biometric data (fingerprints and photograph) can be captured. You’ll also have the opportunity to select additional, optional services from VFS Global, designed to make your application process faster, easier or simply more relaxed. The address for the Beijing visa application centre is: Visa Application Centre East 101, Floor B1, Block C, Guanghua Lu SOHO II, No. 9 Guanghua Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
5. Upload your supporting documents – Submit your documents for free
You can submit all the documents required to support your application online, from the comfort of your home, school or office; meaning you can keep valuable documents with you. Read our guidelines for supporting documents. If you don’t have a scanner available or would just like some help with this, we can scan your documents at the Visa Application Centre with our Document Scanning Assistance option. In most cases, a fee applies for this service.
6. Visit the UK visa application centre in Beijing – Attend your appointment
You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone to your place. Please read our guidelines for attending the Visa Application Centre.
7. Track your application – Stay informed about the progress of your application
You’ll receive an email update when your decision has been returned to the Visa Application Centre. If you can’t access email easily or would like more detailed tracking information, you can also choose to get updates by SMS directly to your phone. You’ll have to check whether this service is available at the Visa Application Centre you are visiting. You’ll need to pay a fee for this service.
8. Collect your passport – Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
After a visa application decision has been made, you will be contacted by us when you can pick up your documents/ passport from the Visa Application Centre or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been contacted to do so as you won’t be able to collect your passport until it is ready. Collecting your documents in person; bring the receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre and a form of Government identification. Please check with the Visa Application Centre at the time of appointment for the options available to collect your documents.
Visiting the UK in the Chinese T our Group
You can come to the UK for up to 30 days as part of a tour group through the approved destination status agreement (ADS) if you’re a Chinese citizen. To qualify you must enter the country as part of your tour group (minimum 5 people) and stay with the group for the whole of your visit. Your tour must be organised by an ADS-licensed Chinese tour operator. Fill in the ADS visitor application form online to apply.
Flight tickets from Beijing to London
The distance between Beijing and London is a whopping 3065 km. So, it’s imperative that you will need to book a direct preferably to reach London city. A direct flight from Beijing to London roughly takes 11 hours. The one-stop flight will increase the time to an average of 13 hours and 40 minutes. More than 60% of the flight bookings for Beijing to London happened in advance. There are clear savings to be made. The Reason is Covid Pandemic has made flight tickets 2 times more expensive. The most frequent airline between Beijing and London are:
- Air China and then
- British Airways
- China Southern Airline
- China Eastern Airline
- Hainan Airline
- Brussels Airline
- Lufthansa Airline
Top London hotels to stay in for Beijing Tourists
Once you are done with the visa formalities and flight booking, you will need to sort out the hotel booking. London has the most beautiful and highest number of 5-star hotels in the world with 75 hotels in total. Surpassing Dubai which has 61 5-star hotels. The top 10 London hotels as per travel and leisure in 2022 are as follows:
|1||Shangri-La the Shard, London||97.86||Check Availability|
|2||The Goring, Belgravia||96.55||Check Availability|
|3||The Connaught, Westminster||95.79||Check Availability|
|4||The Lanesborough, Oetker Collection||95.50||Check Availability|
|5||Kimpton Fitzroy London||95.24||Check Availability|
|6||Claridge’s, Mayfair||94.60||Check Availability|
|7||The Savoy, Strand||93.63||Check Availability|
|8||Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park||92.95||Check Availability|
|9||Four Seasons Hotel London, Park Lane||92.50||Check Availability|
|10||Rosewood London||92.39||Check Availability|
In case you are looking for other specific London hotels you can search and book below basis availability:
Best London tour packages for Beijing tourists
Once you have reached London, there are many fantastic London tours you can book. We have listed our top-selling London tours below:
1. London Eye Ticket with Fast-Track Option
Fast track option for a perfect Lastminute London Eye experience! With fast-track entry for your standard flight in a shared pod, you get to skip the majority of the queue.
2. Big Bus Hop On Hop Off London Tour
See the sights of London aboard an open-top, double-decker Big Bus as you admire 360-degree views of top attractions and listen to the captivating commentary.
3. Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip Transport from LondonStep into the mystical world of Harry Potter™ with a behind-the-scenes visit to Warner Bros. Studio London. With luxury round-trip transport from London Victoria to the north London studios included, this 7-hour experience enables you to discover the magic of the Harry Potter films without any hassle.
4. Little Venice: Regent’s Canal Waterbus Boat Trip to Camden TourEnjoy a leisurely one-way Little Venice: Regent’s Canal Waterbus Boat Trip to Camden Tour passing by sights such as London Zoo. If you are in London for the first time or have been to London multiple times, you must take this trip to Camden town from Little Venice. It’s a picturesque 3.5 km boat ride.
In case you are unable to find the right tour package for yourself you can browse our tours section to see more existing London tour packages.