Learn about the history of gin on this behind-the-scenes Bombay Sapphire Distillery tour. Walk through the twin greenhouses that grow examples of the 10 botanical ingredients found in the world-famous Bombay Sapphire gin and taste samples during a guided tour of the Dakin Still House. Complete your tour with an included delicious cocktail at the Mill Bar.
Bombay Sapphire Distillery tour
See where the world-famous gin is made
Taste and smell examples of gin’s 10 botanicals in the Dry Room
Choose between a guided and self-guided tour upon booking
What to Expect from the Bombay Sapphire Distillery Tour
Once a mill that produced paper for the Bank of England, the site dates all the way back to the 10th century.
Walk into the courtyard to admire Victorian architecture and stroll around the distillery, stopping at the interactive audio points. Learn about the history of the area, of gin in general, and of Bombay Sapphire in particular.
Visit the twin greenhouses that contain live samples of the 10 botanicals found in the world-famous gin. In the Botanical Dry Room, smell and taste dried examples of these signature botanicals; choose your favourite to help inform your choice of cocktail later.
Go behind the scenes in the Dakin Still House, listening to your host explain the vapour infusion process.
Discover the ten striking botanicals infused into every drop of Bombay Sapphire Gin in the Glasshouses with an insight into Heatherwick Studios’ inspired design. Your host will then help you navigate the Botanical Dry Room, a sensory experience to uncover your flavour preferences. You’ll discover the rare vapour infusion distillation process which makes Bombay Sapphire gin so exquisite before your host leaves you to enjoy a cocktail from our menu, selected using your flavour preferences.
What’s included in the Distillery tour:
- Distillery host to guide you
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry, admission to the Distillery
- Gratuities (Not Included)
- Shuttle service tickets (Not Included)
How to Reach Bombay Sapphire Distillery?
The Bombay Sapphire Distillery is about 62 miles or less than 100 km away from Central London. Be prepared to reserve around 4-5 hours of your day for this tour.
Bombay Sapphire Distillery
Laverstoke Mill, London Rd,
Whitchurch RG28 7NR,
Travel by Car
In case you have a car, you can take the M3 or M4 to reach the Distillery in around 1 hour and 50 mins from Central London. This time varies from origin location to location.
Travel by Public Transport
You can also reach the Bombay Sapphire Distillery by taking public transport. Compared to a personal Car you can actually reach a little earlier if planned well. You can plan your journey with Trainline and Stage Coach Bus.
- First, you will have to book your train from any London station to Basingstoke which you can book from here.
- From Basingstoke, you will have to take a bus from Bus stand X which is opposite “The Mall”. You can plan and book your Bus from Stagecoach Bus by clicking “here“
For your reference, we have shared the Google map below for you to help in planning your Distillery tour.
How long is the Bombay Sapphire tour
The tour generally takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. The timing varies depending on how long you spend at the bar. 🙂
We suggest not rushing and enjoying food and Bombay Sapphire cocktails at “The Mill Café” and “The Mill Bar”
Additional Information about the Tour:
- You’ll receive confirmation at the time of the booking
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years (under 18s must be accompanied at all times by an adult)
- Do not wear open-toed shoes or high heels to the distillery
- You will have to do a little walking and there are some uneven surfaces
- Wheelchair accessible – manual wheelchairs are available to book on request
- Operates in all weather conditions and parts of the tour are outside, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- As of 1st April 2022, the Bombay Sapphire Distillery will be going cashless and only card payments or contactless payments will be accepted at Laverstoke Mill
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travellers
Bombay Sapphire Distillery The Gin Shop
At the end of your distillery tour, you can hang out and shop for some of the delicious Bombay Sapphire gin for yourself or gift it to your family and friends. You can buy customised cocktail accessories, glasses, ingredients and gift hampers.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Please be aware that any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.